1. Check flower pots for damage.
2. Replace soil or add soil amendments to existing flower pots.
3. Purchase new flower pots in later winter/early spring for best delivery.
4. Consider self watering flower pot inserts to prevent over and underwatering.
5. Consider saucers for flower pots where overwatering creates a safety issue.
6. Re-stain or re-seal wood benches, chairs, planters and tables.
7. Organize errant newpaper boxes with modular newspaper vending boxes.
8. Check street furniture and other elements for graffiti.
9. Check benches, trash can and sidewalks for gum. Remove where necessary.
10. Repair or replace damaged street furniture.
11. Inventory streetscape fixtures in need of repair.
12. Inspect bike racks, benches, trash cans and planters for damage.
13. Clean under trash receptacle to prevent unsanitary conditions.
14. Clean and/or repair street furniture if required.
Flower Beds, Lawns and Trees
15. Weed and mulch flower beds, trees and shrubs where needed.
16. Remove dead or damaged tree and shrub branches.
17. Trim perennials.
18. Aerate landscaped areas.
19. Fertilize trees, shrubs and flowers as needed.
20. Trim tree’s near power lines.
21. Inspect and replace tree grates if damaged or destroyed.
22. Install new pet waste stations if needed.
23. Remove debris from drain covers.
24. Test and inspect irrigation system for damage, proper operation and coverage.
25. Check sprinkler heads to prevent water damage to walks, deck, patios or buildings.
26. Inspect sidewalks for tree root damage and freeze-thaw heaving.
27. Repair cracked, broken or missing sidewalks or pavers.
28. Reseal sidewalk joints.
29. Clear sidewalks of overgrown bushes and other obstacles.
30. Clean and power wash sidewalks where needed.
31. Check landscape lighting for damage.
32. Repair or replace burned out light bulbs or lamps.
33. Repair or replace damaged or missing light poles.
34. Switch light bulbs or lamps to LED’s where possible.